Keon Designs was invited as the panellist in an event organised by Smart Works and Culturro. The topic of discussion was about Human Resource and Motivation factors. Mr Pravin Ghodke, Design Director of Keon Designs was part of this discussion. He guided the panel with Design Thinking Approach.
An organization must have it’s strategic objectives to start for developing work experience. The core of the strategic objective is dependent on
1. What does the organization stand for?
2. What are its Values?
3. Why should someone be proud to get connected with the organization?
Answering these questions emotionally and tangibly is very important. They form the base pillars of the motivational factors of the organization.
Most of the organizations fail to develop their work culture and with no doubt, it gets reflected in the final output of the organization. Never a single person or one team should be held responsible for not achieving the output of the organization. The common factors that fail the organization are
1. Lack of Ownership: Most of the times employees are not guided with their responsibilities and their importance. Also, there will be a lot of other reasons for it, but it is an organization’s responsibility to resolve them.
2. Missing Organization Alignment and Understanding: An organization runs like an engine. All parts functioning smoothly and in synergy. Even if a smallest part of it does not function properly the whole engine collapses. This understanding has to be developed in every employee.
3. Non-Collaborative Culture: Each team in an organization has their own importance and the other teams must understand it. Respecting each other for their efforts and intellectual plays a very important role.
The Culture is a two-way street. It depends on two questions
1. What does the company want? (The set of behaviours that are important for the company to be successful)
2. What does the company provide? (An environment that nurtures psychological needs of the employee) this is the factor that defines WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE
Picture from Google
WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE is a perfect Harmony between leadership, employees and policies leading to high performing organizations. The Leadership of an organization set the tone for workplace experience. Employees play the role of promoters and thought through policies are the pointers.
The development of the above mentioned WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE is an stringent yet important task. But with changing lifestyle and needs of employees, an organization must understand that this WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE must evolve with time. This development must happen constantly inside the organization and should become rich with time. To make this happen an approach of design thinking must be applied.
Picture from Google
1. An organizational level study must be done for understanding the employee’s psychology.
2. The need for the change in WORKPLACE EXPERIENCE must be defined.
3. Various interdisciplinary activities must be done to generate ideas of development.
4. These ideas must be formulated in a tangible approach
5. The approach must be implemented on a small part of the organization and must be tested for its impact.
6. If proven successful, only then must be implemented in the whole organization.
Design thinking can be applied to various parts of the organization and on various levels. Its benefits are tangible. It has been widely used by renowned organizations across the globe.
We at Keon Designs help our clients understand this method. Under Brand Management activities for our clients, this approach has been proved its results on the exponential level in a time period of just 1 year.
Images of the event